Cinnamon rolls are a delicious and indulgent breakfast or dessert, but they can be time-consuming to prepare. Fortunately, it is possible to make cinnamon rolls in an air fryer, which can save time and effort in the kitchen.
How to Make Cinnamon Rolls in Air Fryer?
You can make cinnamon rolls in an air fryer with or without doughnut holes. To make cinnamon rolls with doughnut holes, simply cut the cinnamon rolls into slices then add the hole.
In this article, we will discuss the steps for making cinnamon rolls in an air fryer, as well as some tips and tricks for achieving the perfect result.
See Also: How to Grind Cinnamon Sticks?
How to Make Cinnamon Rolls in Air Fryer? – Method
The Air Fryer is a great way to make cinnamon rolls in just about no time. Here is the complete step-by-step method to make cinnamon rolls in an air fryer:
Ingredients: To make cinnamon rolls in an air fryer, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour, plus additional for dusting
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of raisins (optional)
- Heat the milk: In a small saucepan, heat the milk over low heat until it reaches a temperature of 110-115°F. Remove the saucepan from the heat and sprinkle the yeast over the surface of the milk. Let the yeast sit for 5-10 minutes until it becomes foamy.
- Combine the dry ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Stir the dry ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Knead the dough: Pour the yeast mixture and the butter into the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it for 5-10 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Let the dough rise: Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with a towel. Set the bowl in a warm place and let the dough rise for 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Roll out the dough: Once the dough has risen, turn it out onto a floured surface and roll it out into a large rectangle.
- Spread the filling: Spread the softened butter over the surface of the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges. In a small bowl, mix together the 1/4 cup of sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle the mixture over the surface of the dough and top it with the raisins, if using.
- Roll up the dough: Starting at one of the long sides, roll the dough into a tight cylinder. Pinch the seam to seal it.
- Cut the rolls: Use a sharp knife to cut the cylinder of dough into 1-inch slices.
- Place the rolls in the air fryer: Place the slices of dough in the basket of your air fryer, making sure to leave some space between them. Set the air fryer to 350°F and cook the cinnamon rolls for 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy: Once the cinnamon rolls are cooked, remove them from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes. Serve the cinnamon rolls warm, with a drizzle of icing or cream cheese frosting, if desired.
Tips and Tricks:
- Use a kitchen thermometer to ensure that the milk is at the proper temperature for activating the yeast. If the milk is too hot, it can kill the yeast, and if it is too cold, the dough will not rise properly.
- If you don’t have raisins on hand, you can use other dried fruit or nuts in their place. Chopped apricots, cranberries, or currants are all good options. Or, you can omit the fruit entirely and just stick with the cinnamon and sugar filling.
- If you want a softer, more pillowy texture for your cinnamon rolls, you can add an additional 1/4 cup of flour to the dough when you are mixing it.
- To make the icing or frosting for your cinnamon rolls, you can use a simple mixture of powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Just whisk together 1 cup of powdered sugar, 2-3 tablespoons of milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract until it forms a smooth, pourable consistency.
- If you have leftovers, you can store your cinnamon rolls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat them, place them in the air fryer for a few minutes at 350°F, or until they are warmed through.
Making cinnamon rolls in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to enjoy this delicious treat.
By following the steps outlined above, you can create perfect cinnamon rolls in a fraction of the time it would take to make them in the oven.
Whether you are a seasoned baker or just starting out in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite.
I hope this blog post is helpful for you in understanding how to make cinnamon rolls in an air fryer.
Read Also: How to Freeze Cinnamon Rolls?
I am an accomplished tech writer with a passion for simplifying complex technology concepts. With a background in Tech, James has dedicated their career to making the intricacies of the digital world accessible to a broad audience.