Millions of players, millions of games. Mobile phone gaming is a huge market that continues to grow.
Whether casual, hardcore or competitive gamers, there’s something for everyone. But not all cellular phones are alike, both in terms of gaming performance and features.
We are talking about gaming-dedicated mobile phones, not general-purpose smartphones or devices that also serve as excellent game controllers.
So what we are going to do in this article is pick out some BIG names in the industry, look at what their 2024 presentations will look like, and give you as much info about their features as possible to find something useful. Let’s go!
Where better to start than with…
The Asus ROG Phone 6D is the epitome of an all-out gaming phone, with excellent gameplay features such as a manual cooling fan for heat dissipation and even an L3 cache.
- It relies on the MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ chipset, a gaming force to be reckoned with.
- It also boasts a 6.78-inch full HD OLED display and offers fluid gameplay responsiveness.
- It also features a 6,000mAh battery — suitable for up to 5O hours of gaming. It also delivers fast charging, providing 4 hours of gaming in just ten minutes.
- In addition, it offers a dual stereo speaker system that puts out both loud and impressive sound.
- The back side of the device is also touch-sensitive, letting you control the volume, skip tracks, access your voice assistant, or switch to gaming mode.
- It has a gaming app to adjust your game settings, controls and profiles. In addition, it has an RGB lighting system to give some panache to your gameplay.
- The gamepad also introduces physical buttons and triggers to your phone, providing a new gaming experience.
The device also includes a hard carrying case, USB-C cable, audio cable and cooling fan attachment. The Asus ROG Kunai 4 gamepad (which must be purchased separately) is also compatible.
Android Gaming Hardware at its best – Samsung’s new smartphone, the Galaxy S24 Ultra, comes with a custom chip just for gaming and astonishing peak performance.
- It has the Exynos 2200 chipset with an AMD Radeon GPU. With this strong graphics processor, any game will do.
- It is fully equipped with a 6.8-inch QHD OLED display, which provides an exceptional and vivid gaming experience.
- You get a 120Hz refresh rate that makes games smooth and fluid. In addition, it has a 5,000mAh battery that can last as long as 12 hours of gaming.
- It also quickly charges, with 50 % of the battery ready in only 15 minutes.
- Additionally, it boasts a four-speaker system that reproduces sound well.
- There is also a game launcher application that gives you access to your games, settings and profiles and a game booster function to get your phone into shape for gaming by prioritising performance, battery life and temperature.
- A game mode also disables notifications, incoming calls and other alarms during gaming.
It includes a USB-C cable, audio adapter and AKG earphones. The unit is also suitable for use with the Samsung DeX Station (sold separately). The DeX Station turns your phone into a desktop gaming machine by simply plugging it into a monitor, keyboard and mouse.
The Sony Xperia 1 IV is a gaming phone that delivers immersive, cinematic gameplay thanks to its high-resolution display and Dolby Atmos sound.
- It runs on the Snapdragon 888 chipset, a top-end processor that can play any game well.
- You get a 6.5-inch 4K OLED display that provides immersion and realism during gameplay. Additionally, it boasts a 120Hz refresh rate, providing smooth scrolling and fast response times.
- It includes a 4,500mAh battery that can be used for up to ten hours. Also, it provides fast charging, with 50 % battery after just half an hour.
- In addition, it uses a dual front-facing speaker system to deliver rich and powerful sound.
- They also have a game enhancer app, which gives you access to your games, settings and profiles.
- It also has a performance mode that improves your phone’s speed, responsiveness and overall gaming experience. The device also has a focus mode, which silences notifications, calls and alerts while gaming.
It also includes a USB-C cable, an audio adaptor and Sony earphones. It is compatible with the Sony DualSense controller, which must be purchased separately. Activate the adaptive triggers to add haptic feedback and turn your phone into a DualSense controller for gaming.
As for gaming, the Apple 15 Pro Max, with its A15 Bionic processor and a ProMotion display, is the most potent iOS gaming device on the market.
- It features the A15 Bionic chip, which is a gaming beast.
- The screen is an OLED with a 6.7-inch display, which gets reasonably bright and sharp for gaming. Furthermore, it boasts a ProMotion feature that adjusts the refresh rate from 10Hz to up to 120Hz depending upon what is being displayed and saves power simultaneously.
- It also has a 4,352mAh battery for up to 12 hours of gaming.
- It also fast charges, giving 50 % of the battery in only 25 minutes. Also equipped for wireless charging, which gives you 50 % of the battery in only one hour.
- In addition, it is equipped with a quad-speaker system, which provides clear and well-balanced sound.
- It also includes a game centre app for accessing games, settings and profiles.
- In addition, she has a game mode that can optimise your phone’s gaming speed, battery life, and temperature. It also has a do-not-disturb mode that cuts off calls, messages and other notifications during gaming.
In addition, it includes a USB-C to Lightning cable and AirPods. Compatible with the Apple Arcade service. You can enjoy hundreds of ad-free games not available to anyone else for a small monthly fee.
So, as you can see, there are a lot of tech and specs going on out there for 2024 in the gaming mobile phone market. With such big names who are vastly experienced in gaming going head-to-head in some cases, it will be great for innovation, which will benefit the gamers, but a price war would be nice too, wouldn’t it? As the consumer ALWAYS WINS! Good luck!