Cinnamon sticks, also known as cinnamon quills, are a common spice used in a variety of dishes and beverages. They are made from the inner bark of cinnamon trees, which is dried and rolled into long, thin sticks.
Cinnamon sticks have a sweet and aromatic flavor, and they are often used to add depth and warmth to dishes such as desserts, savory dishes, and drinks.
How to Use Cinnamon Sticks?
To use cinnamon sticks, first cut the sticks into thirds. Then, place one piece of the cinnamon stick onto the end of your fork. Next, place the fork into the food you are cooking and start to eat the cinnamon stick.
In this article, we will explore five different ways to use cinnamon sticks in your cooking and baking.
See Also: How to Make Cinnamon Toast?
How to Use Cinnamon Sticks? – Method
Cinnamon sticks are cinnamon bark and are the primary spice used to flavor foods and drinks.
They are also used as a natural alternative to sugar for sweetening food and drinks. Here is a complete method to make cinnamon sticks:
- Add flavor to drinks One of the most popular uses for cinnamon sticks is to add flavor to hot drinks such as coffee, tea, and cocoa. Simply add a cinnamon stick to your drink while it is brewing or heating up, and allow it to steep for a few minutes to infuse the flavor. You can also add a cinnamon stick to cold drinks such as iced tea or apple cider to give them a warm and spicy kick.
- Make a cinnamon syrup or glaze Cinnamon sticks can also be used to make a sweet and spicy syrup or glaze. To make cinnamon syrup, simply bring equal parts water and sugar to a boil, and then add a few cinnamon sticks to the mixture. Allow the syrup to simmer for a few minutes, and then strain out the cinnamon sticks and let the syrup cool. You can use the syrup to sweeten drinks, drizzle it over pancakes or waffles, or use it as a glaze for baked goods.
- Add depth to savory dishes Cinnamon sticks are not just for sweet dishes! They can also be used to add depth and warmth to savory dishes such as stews, braises, and roasted meats. Simply add a cinnamon stick to the pot or pan while the dish is cooking, and remove it before serving. The flavor of cinnamon will infuse the dish and add a subtle sweetness and warmth.
- Flavor baked goods Cinnamon sticks can also be used to add flavor to baked goods such as bread, cakes, and cookies. Simply grind the cinnamon sticks into a fine powder using a spice grinder or food processor, and then use the ground cinnamon in your recipes as you would any other spice. You can also add a whole cinnamon stick to your dough or batter while it is mixing, and remove it before baking. This will give your baked goods a subtle cinnamon flavor and aroma.
- Make a cinnamon-scented potpourri Finally, cinnamon sticks can be used to make a natural and aromatic potpourri. Simply combine a few cinnamon sticks with other fragrant ingredients such as dried orange slices, cloves, and pine cones, and place them in a small bowl or potpourri bag. The warm and spicy aroma of cinnamon will fill your home and create a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
In conclusion, cinnamon sticks are a versatile and flavorful spice that can be used in a variety of dishes and drinks.
Whether you use them to add warmth to savory dishes, flavor to baked goods, or aroma to your home, there are countless ways to incorporate cinnamon sticks into your cooking and baking.
I hope this blog post is helpful for you in understanding how to use cinnamon sticks.
Read Also: How to Make Cinnamon Water?